by Panu Chetty
Life Coach & Alternative Holistic Therapy Practitioner.
When you're down and out and the world looks like the most miserable place to be in, all you can do is just feel uncontrollably sad and unhappy. The tears just flow at the most inopportune moments. You didn't choose to be that way it just sneaked up on you without you noticing.Now you find yourself stuck in a deep, dark, miserable hole where there seems to be no possibility of hope.
What do I do?
How do I get out of this ?
I don't want to be here anymore.
Feeling sad, or what we may call "depressed", happens to all of us. The sensation usually passes after a while. However, people with a depressive disorder - clinical depression - find that their state interferes with daily life. Their normal functioning is undermined to such an extent that both they and those who care about them are affected by it.
Depression can lead to emotional and physical problems. Typically, people with depression find it hard to go about their day-to-day activities, and may also feel that life is not worth living.
These days more and more people are walking around diagnosed or undiagnosed with depression. The age in which we live in, demands more of ourselves than we can give. We are tempted by all the material distractions that we think we need in order to make us happy. We compare ourselves to those around us and think that life is better on the other side.
More importantly we think we need to show off a happy face to the world and bury our feelings of pain and hurt. Unfortunately we are all subject to laws of the universe which states what you resist in life persists and what you look at disappears . All unresolved emotions sits inside us and cause us great discomfort when we ignore them. Just a like a child who throws a tantrum, those unresolved emotions causes us great discomfort and wont let up until we look at it and allow it to disappear. We get sick, angry ,irritable and we've buried those hurts so deeply that we cant even identify them.
We usually seek help when our backs are up against the wall and the desperation is at its peak. As an energy healer, I use alternative techniques to help clients identify those unresolved emotions that are stuck within their subtle body. As they give themselves permission to let go of the past limiting beliefs and traumas endured, they free themselves from the grip of depression.
I have had clients walk in with the usual heaviness, enveloped in an aura of darkness , as a last resort, they seek my help. Due to the in depth nature of this therapy they are able to experience great relief even after the 1st session.
They leave feeling lighter and more hopeful and positive about tackling their future. Some of the modalities used are accessing the subconscious mind to identify where the depression started, releasing the emotions around it, inner child work, positive intention work and finally life coaching to maintain the new found lightness of being.
After witnessing lives change for the better through these techniques, the wonderful conclusion one can come to is that THERE IS HOPE. You don't have to live in secret with this dreaded condition. You will be instructed to follow your inner guide, face the inner foes, fight to the end and finish your game.
If you realise that you are having many of the signs of depression, it will be helpful to do the following.
When a person is depressed, despite normal efforts to remedy the problem, a physical source of the depression should be considered. This is particularly true in the case of debilitating or suicidal depression eg Hyperthyroidism, Fibromyalgia, Candida (yeast infection),Poor adrenal function etc.
Get a proper diagnosis from your doctor.
- Find someone you trust to confide in tell them what is happening with you. Make sure it is someone that is supportive and positive.
- Watch your thoughts, negative thoughts that spiral out of control can drag you deeper into the darkness.
- As an exercise, try looking at your negative thoughts as things and allow them to become smaller and smaller and finally erased from the mind.
- Always look to your higher self as in Your God, the angels, your loved ones or even nature to help you through this. Think about where you draw your inspiration from and utilise that to draw you out of this state.
- Our thoughts are very powerful, if they can bring us down they can also raise us beyond ourselves.
- Write down your goal, be clear of what it is you want. As you visualise and pray on it, it must become your reality.
- Look out for a therapist who will help you get to the core of your issue.
- Know that there are millions of people who have gone through the very same experience of depression as you and have triumphed over it. They have received wisdom and experience that's becomes invaluable to themselves and others in similar shoes.
- Remember everything in life happens for a reason. -You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
Panu runs self empowerment workshops to help people work through their issues , giving them tools for a lifetime.
*Release and receive workshops
* Private one to one sessions in Centurion
Taking you from the Darkness into the Light
Email : email@example.com
Contact : 074 951 0949