Can provoke an allergic reaction in certain individuals
What to look for
In most cases, a bee or wasp sting causes only minor symptoms such as:
Swelling and inflammation, Redness Itching or a burning sensation And pain The swelling can be very worse if the person is allergic to this type of sting. If a person is allergic to bee stings they can go into shock if they are stung These are the symptoms they will show .They may be breathing hard, wheezing or croaking Dizziness. rapid swelling on and around the face area. A reddish rash. severe itching, cramps or even numbness. Loss of consciousness, stomach cramps.
The swelling normally disappears within an hour for non-allergic people however it’s not the case for people who are allergic to bee stings. The name given to the allergic reaction is called Anaphylaxis and it can be fatal If the person is stung . There breathing passage are blocked off when they are stung,
Causing them to collapse and finally death. If they haven’t been treated
The venom of bees, wasps and hornets contains substances which usually go after a few hours if you are not allergic to it. However in some people, the venom causes more serious reactions, which can Lead to fatal anaphylactic shock. The allergic reaction some people suffer may be genetic
If the sting is still in the skin remove it with a knife or your nail. Do not use a tweezers because it will release more venom. Make a paste of baking soda this will ease the itching of a bee sting. For a wasp sting use vinegar or lemon juice. And if you are far from home apply mud; as it dries, it will draw out some of the toxins
If you are allergic to bee stings always carry your bee-kit with you.
When to seek further professional advice
if you are stung and have any allergic type reactions; or if you know you are allergic and you get stung. Get to the nearest hospital as soon as possible
Homeopathy : use a few drops of Pyrethrum essence, available over the counter
Aromatherapy : Lavender or Tea Tree Oil may sooth the sting and reduce the chances of a infection.
Home treatment: cold compress of ice onto the wound. If you’ve be stung several times or you are having a serious allergic reaction, you need medical help at once. For pain, take a general pain killer.. For children, use cough medicine that contains antihistamine. For anaphylactic shock,. See a doctor immediately for further treatment. (Note: Bee sting kits are designed for adults… for children, read the directions.)
The information contained in this Site/Service is not intended nor is it implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice or taken for medical diagnosis or treatment.